Why so many cut Nordost Odins?

I was very impressed by a borrowed Odin IC between my Nagra CDP and ARC pre. I have a Valhalla that i think is to lean but not so with Odin,
Looking the last year for used Odin IC on Audiogon and European AUDIO-Markt.de I found that most Odins where Cut and re-terminated with no boxes.The sellers have good feedback so I don't think this cables are fake!? Was there a profit for dealers to buy say 10m, and cut it to 10x1m? Since cut cables are cheaper that non cut cables I wonder?
What do you think guys?
Anyone compared a cut Odin vs a non cut?
How much cheaper should a cut 1m xlr be compared to a original?
128x128ulf
From European used site.
Odin original 8000Euros 2 meter
Odin cut 3.000E 1 m
It seems that sellers lose money by cutting. The only answer I have is that it is very hard to sell a cable for 8000 euros and most people do not need 2 m. It is more easy to sell one for 3.000E and the buyer can say that he uses Odins in his system.
Charlie Hansen of Ayre posted this about a similar brouhaha of a few years ago involving Jonathan Valin and TAS.
Thanks for info on Valins affair.

It would be intresting to here Nordost comment on the situation
I have also noted several ads for Odin (with wood blocks) and Valhalla originals from respectable sellers with good feedback
on Audiogon and biggest European site Audio-markt (germany)
but with NO BOX. I canĀ“t understand this.If you got an original where is the box?