Opinions on bang for the buck on TT & tonearm

$6000.00 budget on the used or demo market.
The sound; must create the illusion of being there, accurate vocals and sufficient bass. I know kinda tall order.
Thanks curleyques
curleyques
No analog stores in KC so it's hard to go listen. I would be interested in opinions on pod based tables versus suspended tables as well.
Thanks again
Ranges of how that $6000 might look: $3-4000 table, $2-3000 arm, $2-3000 cartridge
"Pod based". Do you mean like in "Invasion of the Body Snatchers"?
The issue of outboard pods is yet another can of worms. There is a long thread here based on only that question. (Search on "Copernican".) Be prepared to be confused.

Why not introduce yet another variable: Are you prepared to buy used equipment? Are you prepared to buy well restored vintage equipment?
If you are willing to think out of the box you can acquire a TransFi Salvation rim drive TT and T3Pro Linear tracking arm for about $4500. There are several reviews and threads on Agon, Search Transfi and/or Salvation.FWIW I think it is the best bang for the buck there is.
A used Basis turntable would be a competitor here. With a $6,000 budget you could get a 2200 with Vector 4 tonearm and have funds for an excellent cartridge. You also need a good phono stage if you don't already have one.