Opinions on bang for the buck on TT & tonearm

$6000.00 budget on the used or demo market.
The sound; must create the illusion of being there, accurate vocals and sufficient bass. I know kinda tall order.
Thanks curleyques
curleyques
As regards tt's, go and listen so some top flight rigs. Decide for yourself which drive technology gives you your preferred sonic result (belt-, idler-, or direct-drive). Then listen to a few more tt's that use your preferred drive system. Then, maybe you can ask here for opinions to help you decide among 3-4 possible choices. Otherwise, you can be prepared for the hugely divergent personal opinions of a bunch of audiophiles. And you know what audiophiles are like, me included. What I own is obviously the best.

By the way also, you cannot really divorce your choice of cartridge from your choice of tonearm. So I would choose tt first, then tonearm/cartridge as a unit. You have asked a very complex question with nearly infinite variables, but that will not stop others from telling you what to do.
No analog stores in KC so it's hard to go listen. I would be interested in opinions on pod based tables versus suspended tables as well.
Thanks again
Ranges of how that $6000 might look: $3-4000 table, $2-3000 arm, $2-3000 cartridge
"Pod based". Do you mean like in "Invasion of the Body Snatchers"?
The issue of outboard pods is yet another can of worms. There is a long thread here based on only that question. (Search on "Copernican".) Be prepared to be confused.

Why not introduce yet another variable: Are you prepared to buy used equipment? Are you prepared to buy well restored vintage equipment?
If you are willing to think out of the box you can acquire a TransFi Salvation rim drive TT and T3Pro Linear tracking arm for about $4500. There are several reviews and threads on Agon, Search Transfi and/or Salvation.FWIW I think it is the best bang for the buck there is.