Any good FM tuners around for less than $200?

There is not much discussion of tuners these days - who still listens to radio unless it is over the Internet?? lol I imagine there are still some folks that like the radio, and hopefully some of them are here on Audiogon.

I would like to add a decent - not top of the line, obviously, given my budget - FM tuner to my 2-channel system. I am rather overwhelmed by the info on the FM Tuner Information site - I don't understand a lot of it, and many of the tuners they review and like are seldom available for sale these days. I just want a good sounding, not too expensive tuner that will 'satisfy' my occasional radio listening needs! The stations I listen to - mostly via car radio - are local and primarily public (no ads) radio stations, though I do listen to some classic rock stations as well.

A tube tuner would be nice, but possibly more than I can spend, especially if it needs tube replacement, alignment and that sort of thing. Solid state will do, obviously. So, Fisher? Rotel? Marantz? Something totally different?

I do not currently have an outdoor antenna, but that is something I hope to get in the future - one that can be mounted on the exterior wall as opposed to the roof

What tuners would you recommend that I put on my short list?

Holly
oakiris
The guys above forgot more than I'll ever know:
But I ended up with a Yamaha TX-950 & a Magnum Dynalab antenna. It was a very highly rated tuner a few years back when I purchased it. It works very well even though I hardly fire it up any more. It has two antenna inputs which is cool if you live way outa town like me.
There is a pristine one on ebay for $175.
Good luck, John
I can't say enough about my MD Etude and (2) Yamaha T-2s.
There are plenty of Yamaha and Sansui tuners on that other site that go for no money. T-2s are a little pricy but T-85s are in your range.
The black front Sansui tuners are classic and also in your price range.
A Magnum Dynalab whip antenna works well in most applications.
I'm sure someone will chime in about the "Little Sony HD Tuner"
Might work for you-sold mine. Sounded just like the $89 tuner it is.
Use the tuner info site to make the right choice.
Happy listening
Nothing beats the Sony HD Radio unit. I have one and it is a wonder. I believe it is out of production now but as always, eBay has plenty. Get one, quickly. Using it is the only way to tell if it will work in your area. If not, back to eBay, and maybe a profit at that.
Arcam makes very good tuners as well , usually cheaper because not many seem to know that. I've seen top models go on here for 1oo bucks.