Record cleaning fluids

I've read a lot of posts asking about best or preferred fluids.

Through basic use and cleaning I think I've come up with some helpful information to pass on to others.

I use a VPI 1 hw17 cleaner. With this I've used the Vpi fluid , a gallon jug. I then tried RRL, which I believe is MOFI now. I usually use 75/25 of their regular and deep cleaning type. I've been using this for a couple of years.

Running low on RRL, I decided to try something else and ended up with LeArtDuSon, concentrated fluid. I mixed the bottle with a gallon of distilled water.

I set up this cup contraction which spent fluid goes into one of those plastic take out containers. After 1 month of use with the LeArtDuSon, I noticed the spent fluid was dirtier, an amber almost beer like color, whereas before with RRL and VPI fluids, it was usually clear.

I can only surmise, the LeArtDuSon is cleaning more from the record surface, therefore is a better cleaner than the RRL and Vpi fluids
128x128justlisten
I have been using the L'Art Du Son for several years now, (with a BIG thanks to Audiogoner Theo. He has tried a bunch of different fluids and had a batch of this left over. He now uses the Walker 19 step process. Just kidding on the 19 steps, but it sure is a lot).

I have an older VPI 16.5 that uses just the evaporative process to dry out the fluid, no container needed, so I can't tell if the fluid is darker or not.

I have also tried many different fluids and do really like the L'Art Du Son from a sonic standpoint. I think it cleans better and sounds better.
I use VPI HW16 with 20% of surgical tools cleaner and distilled water.
It's alcohol free and can be used on 78rpm records.
It's also dries faster and leaves no residue on the play surface and unbeatable at any price point or brand.
Thinking to switch to ultrasonic cleaner, but need to stretch budget or create one of my own.
I bought some Tergitol from TALAS Online and now mix my own per the library of congress recording preservation web site.

I bought one pint of Tergitol, for $20, use 2 ml per gallon. I have enough for my entire life and probably won't have made a dent in the original pint when I am buried. LOL

Works as well as anything I bought commercially and I have been cleaning records for over 20 years. Rinse with distilled water is imperative.

All cleaners are mostly distilled water anyway. Three choices: Alcohol based, surfactant based, enzyme based. (Light, medium, heavy). But I don't want to start another cleaner war, so I'll leave it at that.
I use only distilled water through a 1-step cleaning process: Drop the LP in the slot atop the Klaudio Ultrasonic cleaning machine. Once you hear what you've been missing, you'll never go back.