AudioDesk Systeme Record Cleaner

I have had one for about six months, great cleaner and am happy with it but recently the cleaning rollers do not retract for drying. I have contacted the importer and they said they will look into it. More recently sent an e-mail to Germany but have not heard back yet. Any users here have a similar issue? Any ideas of fixing? Thanks.
davt
Yes AD was not reliable at first, but that problem has been fixed. AD is not the only company VTL was very unreliable in the beginning until Luke Manley took over the company from his father.
Does anybody know at about what serial number AD got their RC (more) reliable?
Just wondering what I can expect down the road
I was very interested in AD for a few years but reported problems kept me away. After I heard that much of the reliability problem has been solved plus local dealer was changed I was reconsidering it again.However, over the past 1 year, I knew of at least 2 of 4 units that my friends bought that still needed to be sent back to Germany for repair within 3 months after purchasing and local dealer only gave 1 year warranty (I assume that meant he will only cover the cost of shipping back and forward for 1 year) so I hesitated again. I like the result of its cleaning but I would really hate to be an owner of a unit that would need to take a trip here and there! Klaudio definitely looks more promising, less moving parts etc but have not heard much about other people's experience yet.
It looks like K1 maybe a better deal as there are less moving parts that could potentially break. Bur $4k is still lots of money. Maybe prices will start to drop now that there are more competition....

FrankC
Well, since I opened this can of worms I thought I would give an update. The place I bought if from new said that they would send a replacement as soon as they can. the manufacturer asked me to send it in and he would address it as soon as he see's it. The problem being I am in Minnesota and he wants me to ship it to Germany. I still think it is a wonderful product and is well made, but even if they have solved the reliability issue and my difficulties are the rarity, these things will need maintenance every once in awhile. Rollers will wear, fan motors might need replacing, etc. the fact that they have NO provisions for repair, warranty or otherwise, in the US has been my biggest surprise and the only thing in the whole purchase that is upsetting. Those of you with the AD cleaner, I recommend you join with me and advocate to the maker that they set up some service relationship with someone in the US, I plan on using this for a lot of years.