has anyone else tried Lloyd Walkers latest tweak

Lloyd Walker has a new tweak: the black diamond crystal for cartridges. It's a crystal you put on either the tonearm or the cartridge that [I KID YOU NOT] transforms the sound!
I know, I know, [don't ask me to explain it,I can't] it can't be all that, but i'm tellin you try this thing [if you don't like it you can return it] for less than half the price of a really good cartridge you get A REALLY GOOD CARTRIDGE!!!
Please post your experience
perditty
That's cute, Dover.

So, what we have here, at least according to you, is a product that improves sound by producing electromagnetic radiation. Well, that's just great! :-)
Dear Perditty/friends: This is what posted Perditty:

+++++ " It's a crystal you put on either the tonearm or the cartridge that [I KID YOU NOT] transforms the sound! " +++++

transform the sound?. IMHO the main subject here could be not if that sound transformation like us or not but if that sound transformation is making honor to the recording proccess to what is really in the LP grooves.

Tha's it: if that sound transformation is right or wrong even if we like it ( this is not the main subject. )

Are we nearest to the recording or just changing to a different distortions level?

Regards and enjoy the music,
R.
Over the years I try several " snake oil " items and sometimes I swared the item put my sytem in the top of the sky only for a short time latter falls down when I learned that the " improvement " were only other kind of distortions that made it more harm than helps in any way to be nearer to the recording. Other items were terrible for say the least.

My latest exercise with that kind of audio items is this one that I bought like two months ago at 50% off price:

http://www.machinadynamica.com/machina41.htm

I try in everyway and till today I can't hear any single difference with and with out it.

You can read there not only what's behind this item but customer opinions and even reviews of pro-reviewers where all of them hear or think that hear " marvelous " improvements, not me.

Of course that almost all those kind of items " efficiency " are system and " brain "/knowledge level dependent.

Regards and enjoy the music,
R.
One effect of putting a crystal, or anything with mass, on a tonearm or cartridge is to alter the... mass. This can always be expected to have an effect of some kind. So, on that basis alone, no wonder it is common to hear a "difference". Has anyone done the following control?: Take a pebble or something of equal mass and affix it where you have previously heard a difference with the crystal. Then play a record and listen. On other grounds, I have come to think that most low compliance LOMCs can benefit sonically from an increase in tonearm effective mass, compared to the effective mass of the typical modern high-end tonearm, most of which are medium mass, at best. Just a thought.
Rauliruegas
the transformation I heard was a profound increase in soundstaging, definition, bass [deeper and more articulate] and detail resolution all of which [I would say] is because of an improvement in the extraction of what is in the grooves. It seems at least two others have heard similar results.