has anyone else tried Lloyd Walkers latest tweak

Lloyd Walker has a new tweak: the black diamond crystal for cartridges. It's a crystal you put on either the tonearm or the cartridge that [I KID YOU NOT] transforms the sound!
I know, I know, [don't ask me to explain it,I can't] it can't be all that, but i'm tellin you try this thing [if you don't like it you can return it] for less than half the price of a really good cartridge you get A REALLY GOOD CARTRIDGE!!!
Please post your experience
perditty
You use the term "scientific process" in relations to this hocus pocus?

All should google "placebo effect" and "the power of suggestion".

But no, it is not snake oil. After all, snake oil is liquid.

Once we had Ed Villchur, Henry Kloss, and the like. Now we have guys whipping up magic points for hundreds of dollars and crystals. And we wonder why high end is dying.
Observation is the first step of the scientific process, having observed something you then form a hypothesis.
Listen first then speculate.
Perditty, I suspect that what is behind the confusion in your exchanges with Benjie is that your 8-19-13 post gives the appearance that all of the post is being addressed to him, but you probably meant only its first sentence for him.

Regards,
-- Al
The word Crystal triggers the skeptical part of the audiophile brain, the part of the brain that figures anything new or not in High School textbooks must involve ritualism, psychoacoustics, psychological effects like expectation bias and placebo effect, subliminal advertising, new age mysticism, or hypnosis. I suspect it was for this reason Lloyd refers his little black thinggie as a "crystalline structure," you know, so as not to scare or upset the skeptics.