Sony HAP-Z1ES Hi-Res Music Player RMAF 2013

Did anyone get a chance to hear this digital player. Seems similar to the Bryston BDP-2. I am very interested in how the upsampled DSD sounded.
yyzsantabarbara
Sbayne, congrats on your purchase and thanks for sharing your impressions thus far. Can you be any more specific about the differences in sound quality that you are perceiving with 16bit, 44.1 kHz files when DMS remastering is turned on versus off?

Also, what do you think of Sony's software? I am particularly interested in the initial process for transferring files from one's computer to the Sony and whether the user has any control over how the Sony organizes the transferred files for search purposes. For example, if I wanted to select classical tracks for playback based on composer name rather than album name would I be able to do that?
While it is in another league price-wise, it is my opinion that anyone considering the Sony machine needs to seriously look at the Lumin.
Interesting product. A lot of questions about functionality, and it seems very good in that regard. However, what about sound quality? Is it just another sub 2 grand DAC of which there are many on the market or is it something special?
The soundstage is more relaxed and much larger with the DSD remastering engaged. There is a more natural decay to the notes and the leading edge of the note is properly rendered. If you have ever compared a good quality, properly set-up analog system to most digital sources you know exactly what I'm trying to say. As to Sony' software, all I can say its very simple and effective. It took a long time to load all my music (direct LAN cable is recommended) but once loaded it was properly organized by genre, artist, album, and track. Gracenote is the online database used and its generally accurate. You can also create playlists so you can organize them manually by composer if you wish but I don't see any direct user control over how music is searched or cataloged.