The year is 1986

Recently I felt compelled to replicate a system from my college days(hold the sarcasm) just to see how it would rate with modern speakers, etc. Here are the 3 choices:
Cerwin Vega D3
Klipsch KG4
JBL L80T

THis is primarily for a vinyl based system. If you could only choose one of the above speakers, which one, and why?
FWIW...power is going to be circa '86 Nad, rotel, or adcom.
128x128phasecorrect
Phasecorrect-

I think we all owned the Cerwin Vega 'D ' series at one time or another through the 80's...laughing.

On a serious tip, the CV offered a damn fine sound for mid-fi, lower hi-fi, when mated w/ Adcom gear. Many fine memories of those days in 1986.
I currently own a pair of Cerwin Vega D3 speakers. Yuck. My B&O S60 4-ways sound better. And I do recall a common complaint in the 80's about JBL's having a poor low end response. I don't know about the KG4's, but my Klipsch Heresys sound impressive for 60's technology.
KG 4's are not amplifier fussy, very dynamic, obtainable at very reasonable prices at present. For how much longer I don't know, people are catching on how good they are, serviceable, upgradable.

Like being in a corner or close to a wall, not fussy, chuck them down anywhere they still sound good.

These are keepers.
Best 250 bucks I ever spent on any Hi-Fi.
Plan to die with them.
Great bass btw, beats out a Heresy.

These things can rock.
Have driven them with all sorts of amps and receivers and they are not fussy believe you me, a very easy drive.

I use them with an EL34 amp and a Technics Direct Drive.
in a small room. They get me bopping every time.
What more could you ask, for that's how we used to enjoy music before we became Audiofools.
My next door neighbor hated my Vegas. Actually tried to get a restraining order.