Full-range recommendations

Hi all,

Looking for recs for a good full-range speaker, used, in the $3-4K range, maybe a bit more if it's worth it. I want these to be speakers I keep for 20 years or so.

My listening room for the next few years is quite small: 11x14x7; however, we'll move in a bout five years and I anticipate having a bigger listening room.

I'm running a 150w/ch LSA Statement integrated and listen to a variety of jazz, folk-rock, rock, and piano through a Rotel 1072 cd and a Pro-Ject 5.1SE tt.

I like a warm, open sound. My current monitors are Reference 3A de Capo i's. Beautiful monitors, but lacking in the bass extension - and I'm loathe to use a sub. What i don't want is a dry, neutral sound.

Let me know what other questions I would need to answer, and thank you for your advice.
128x128simao
Or -- would you recommend a monitor along the likes of a Dynaudio Confidence or a Joseph Audio Pulsar?

Truthfully, i'm secretly wishing someone will heartily recommend an Avalon Eclipse...
I think the Pulsars would be a great speaker for your situation. They are not sterile nor are they overly warm, they probably image and soundstage as well or better than your Ref 3As and will certainly add the bass you're currently lacking. They may even have enough bass if you move to a larger room as well.

The Dyns are great too, but personally I can't get past the looks. Not sure the Avalons would give you the warmth you're looking for but I've not heard them in a while. Best of luck.
How about LSA's LSA2.1 Statement? Price is right, has nice smooth airy tweeter, and reviews indicate it has excellent bass extension. A pair of 6-1/2" woofers per side is about as much woofer action as an 11x14 room could handle, and I have Mirage M5si's, whose dual 6-1/2" woofs have no trouble pressurizing my 18x22 room downinto the high 20s.

It would be a great match for your amp. Talk to Wally; see what he thinks.