What's the greatest bargain in DAC's these days?

Hi, Gang,
I am currently running my Music Hall CD 25.2 CD player as a transport through my Musical Fidelity M1 DAC. I also have the Musical Fidelity V-Link 192 for playing hi-res files from the USB port on my laptop.
DAC's are such a fast-moving market segment that I started to wonder whether there was a "stupid good" DAC, even better than the MF M1 DAC, that could be had for well under $1000.
I started a thread in the Amps/Preamps forum called "What's The Greatest Bargain in SET These Days" that yielded tons of great info. I hope this thread does, as well!
rebbi
Shubert, no love for Swiss audio? I guess that is even more detrimental to the wallet! LoL
No Wisnon, I'm holding out for T+A , MBL system with one of those 50K German TT's .
Seriously, go to Berlin or Munich audio shows. You'll want to go Deutsch too.
The Sim Audio's Moon 300D version 2. Awesome. Music direct has them at half off.
Chord Hugo and Chord 2Qute. The Hugo is their portable DAC that also sounds great in a home environment. They just announced the 2Qute which is the Hugo board in their small desktop box without the portable features but with added galvanic isolation. The Hugo is $2400 and the 2Qute will be $1800. Chord does not use standard DAC chips but writes their own code. Supports up to 384K PCM and 1x and 2x DSD. Hard to beat at those price points.