New Speakers/Amps

Hey Folks

New to Audigon and a noob at speakers/amps! All i have is a decent ear for sound!

So, I am looking to set up a very basic system with 2 speakers, sub and an amp. I will be using it purely for listening to music thru an iPod or maybe a record player and occasionally use it for house parties.

Could u please advise me on what i can realistically get for my budget?

Speakers- 1000-1300 $
Sub- 500 $
Amp- 500-800 $

Thanks in advance and best regards,
raj
rajpar3
Ok, this is what I would do...

Zu Audio Omen speakers $1500 new.
Onix SP-3 integrated $500 used
Schiit Bifrost DAC $350 new.

I think high efficiency speakers will give you flexibility in case you decide to experiment with amplification in the future. I also think that if you intend to go with a digital front end, be it an ipod or a computer, then a decent digital audio converter is a must. I chose the Onix SP 3 for amplification because it is an amazingly well built tube integrated that can be had at a very reasonable price. The Onix will also help to tame any digital harshness that might come about from playing off an ipod. Good luck!

Cheers,

Ivan
Zu is nice so is Tekton. Both have in home review periods with money back if not satisfied so yopu can demo in your own home. Zu also has "dirty weekend" special that is rebuilt used models at $1000
Listen to the GoldenEar Triton 7. I think you will find that a sub might not be needed. I agree with previous recs for an NAD amplifier and a DAC. Keep us posted and good luck.