Fun, small footprint, floor standers

Anyone have any suggestions for a "fun" to listen to, small foorprint (think PSB Alpha, or Monitor Audio RS6), floorstander?
mjmch2003
My 10 year old REL Q150e integrates very well with the Preludes in my medium-large listening room, they sound great playing classical music with the REL providing that "room charge" they do so well, and I have to wonder how people actually listen to systems in large rooms? Do you sit 40 feet away across the room from the system and try to get it up to 115 db? If your system is more or less along a wall (with proper speaker placement somewhat away from that wall), and your butt is in reasonable proximity to the speakers, what effect does that large room have? Ambient squeaking from the butler's loafers? Cuban cigar smoke fogging the highs? The dreaded "flapping tapestries?" The maid's feather duster absorbing some detail? Those damn downstairs workers clanging pots and getting arrested for crimes for which they are innocent and eventually returning to work to bathe in the intrigue of early 20th century England? That last one might be extreme...but anyway...
WOlf,

I use the OHM F5 series 3 speakers in my fairly large L shaped room.

The OHMs are essentially omnidirectional and sound similar form most any location in front of them. They are located in teh bottom of the L, 5 feet or more from closest walls. I listen from anywhere within the length of the L in front of them. The differences are in line with those one would hear from different locations in the same room were there a live act performing up front. The main thing that changes is perspective and width and depth of soundstage, not tonality. Sometimes I sit in the front row, either dead center or off to the left or right outside the closest speaker, sometimes I stand all the way in the rear just to soak it all in. My preferred listening position is about 8-10 feet in front of teh right speaker. That's more or less like sitting about 1/3 of the way back in your favorite jazzclub. My room is closest to layout and sound to the Village Vanguard in NYC of all the places I have been that anyone might have heard of.

No butler or tapestries, and my wife and daughter would have my head if I smoked a cuban cigar down there, so can't comment on that one. I do like to play it loud from time to time but also trying to preserve my 50+ year old hearing still. :^)
IMO-the prelude plus might not be the best choice for a large room like that. How about something like the Tekton Enzo?? Footprint is about 12" x 8" or so...its a really good speaker.
MA RS6, I have a pair, and they are fantastic in my small room. Easy to drive, and hard to beat in terms of cost.