What speakers work best with electronic music?

I've been demoing lots of speakers lately, especially those in the Dynaudio & Focal lines. I personally own the Focus 160's. I listen to electronic music almost exclusively, with a little jazz & classical. I'm starting to find that I may just be looking for these speakers to do something they can't. They can play Jazz, Pop & Classical like I've never heard before in my life, but they just leave me wanting when it comes to electronic music. And it's understandable too, there are times where a single electronic track can have 60 different instruments going at once, sometimes even more. Only thing currently in my system that I wouldn't part with is my stereo F113's. Which speakers under $15,000 (used or new) should I be looking at it that will be able reproduce the complicated nature of a lot of electronic music with ease; something that just has jaw-dropping dynamic range?
coloneltushfinger
Yes I have the Definitions in San Francisco. I also highly recommend Atmasphere's advice. The best bass I've heard in an efficient speaker is the GR Research Super V's. There are lots of Zu owners around the country if you call Zu I bet they can help. Another option would be the Druid mkV or newer Souls with your subs.
im pushing focus 380s with gryphon diablo and crystal cables ultra...the electronic music never sounded so good as on these speakers...its just matter of production and source at the end...for example of electro my reference...trentemoller "last resort" sounds nothing but sublime...but cabling and amp are mandatory to get this results on my speakers(and yours i suppose)...more better electronic more better results...classic, electro, metal, rap,jazz...just name it...so im very suprised to hear that your focus 160 dosent push electro good...
Col -

both Dynaudio & Focal/JM labs are excellent speakers for tronica music.
I'm also a big fan of electronic music of all kinds. I would look into some active speakers. I had Quad 12L Actives, and was amazed at the dynamic speed they had. Without a passive crossover to rob the power and speed (attack/decay), they are explosive in nature.

I sold them when I got my current setup done - Mirage OMD-28s with dual subs and lots of class-d power. But I would seriously consider looking at actives. PTE Speakers or Meridian.

https://vimeo.com/62419866

Just a thought,
Mot
09-11-13: Jafant
Col -

both Dynaudio & Focal/JM labs are excellent speakers for tronica music.

I have to disagree. If we're talking 80's synth pop "electronica,' then sure, Dynaudio or Focal are great. More so with Dynaudio, the speakers are a little too colored to really bring out the explosive nature of modern day electronic music. The sig sound that can be found throughout the entire Dynaudio line seems to make "conventional" music sound great, and in doing so, fails to bring out the "unnatural" nature of electronica.