Aerial 7T/6 vs Vandersteen Quatro/Treo/2Ce Sig II

I am still trying to make up my mind on which Vandersteen speaker to get. Leaning towards 2Ce Sig II.

I came across Aerial Acoustics speakers and read the reviews of 7T and 6 which caught my interest. I do not think I can audition them where I live so I have no way to compare them to Vandersteen.

I was caught by the reviews mentioning how Aerial Acoustics speakers throw a large soundstage and very good with instrument placing/imaging.

I want to hear from people who have spend good time with both Vandersteen and Aerial speakers on how they compare.

Any insight is helpful
geek101
Given your total budget, I think the 3a sigs are an excellent choice, though the Treos will have a higher WAF.
@Jafant, so what's better at the same price points? I assume we're talking about their 5 series.

I might try a Rogue Cronus Magnum with KT-120 power tubes together with some 3A sigs. With the KT-120s, the Cronus can put out about 100W. That's sort of a downsized version of my own system.

The last time I shopped for speakers, Arial was my second choice, but the model that I thought had adequate bass was a couple grand more than I wanted to pay at the time. I do think that Vandersteen gives better value sonically. The two to compare are the Arial 7T and the Quatro Wood (they no longer offer the cloth Quatros). But the cost of these doesn't leave much over for electronics.
Geek,

See if you can audition the new Intuitive Design Speakers. They have a new floor stander coming out for 7K. 7ft transmission line, flat to 28hz, 93db sensitivity.

I have been using this designer speakers since 1992. Huge sound stage, lightning quick, cabinets made from granite so no cabinet resonance. These are about as close to a cross between a cabinet speaker and maggie out there.

I would put them up against any speaker in the 25K price range.

Also see if you can listen to any eXemplar audio gear. John Tucker has a new line out and it's incredible for the $$$. He will be at Rocky Mountain if you can make it.

I realize that both of these brands are pretty boutique, but what they lack in name recognition, they more than make up for it in terms of performance for the $$$

Best of luck.