KEF LS 50 in NE Ohio?

There is only one KEF LS50 dealer in town and they don't stock them. Anyone living near Cleveland own a pair? Would really like to hear them (but don't want to experiment by purchasing and then having to resell).

Also, curious if you think I'm nuts for considering selling my Thiel 3.6s to finance a pair of LS50s. I know I'm going to lose bottom end, but I am sort of itching to try a set of small monitors and can always add a sub later. Room is a 22 x 15 rectangle. Speakers are about 4' out from the back wall and around 2.5' from the side walls; maybe seven feet apart, and I sit around 7' away.

Associated gear = Parasound A21 amp, ARC SP16 preamp, Mac Mini feeding Behringer DEQ2496 DAC (am upgrading that when I can afford to). Thanks in advance for your input.

Jon
jonathan1257
Don't listen to (you are borderline psycho) he know not what he say. Your amp and preamp should match well. Hopefully you can get a listen. Best
USed ls50s have been coming up on agon somewhat regularly. No harm in picking up a pair to try if you really want to hear them and do not overpay. SHiiping should not be too bad if seller is not cross country and you can easily resell and move in if desired.

I am expecting to hear another Agoner's pair in my system sometime in September. Looking forward to it.

Lots of hype on these. I buy into a lot of it, but there is always a limit to how much sound can come out of a small box. If that is enough case by case, I think these are a very solid quality product. If not, subs might be added to fill the gap or else just move on, these will not break the bank for many if common sense is used.

I'm expecting sound similar to my tiny old, overachieving Realistic Minimus 7s on steroids, bigger and more refined due to the somewhat larger package and new technology. That's not shabby at all! Minimus 7s are still a good example of good sound on a smaller scale from a tiny box. They sound great outdoors on my deck.
Excellent near field monitor. I listened to a friends pair with the Parasound A21 (can't recall source and pre) and enjoyed it very much. Just find a used pair on here and keep what you have. That's the best of both worlds.
A new pair is on Ebay for $1199 with free shipping. Buy them and resell them if you don't like them.