Suggestions? Tubed linestage pre-amp??

Budget <$3500. Would prefer new but not ruling out newer used. Do not need a phono stage or DAC, so linestage (tubed not ss) - but don't want passive...need some gain.

Just starting to put together a short list. Looking to upgrade the Consonance Reference 50 pre I'm using. Hoping to find dealers allowing in-home audition or money back trial period.

On the list so far:
Doge 8 SCR
Eastern Electric Minimax
PrimaLuna Dialogue Premium

Checked past threads to see if this might have been covered. Couldn't find it. If there's something relatively current I missed, do please point me to it.

Thanks in advance for your help.
128x128ghosthouse
The best pre-amp I have ever owned was a CJ 17LS2. You should easily be able to find one in your price range.
Ghost-

you are in luck, as there has never been a better time to buy excellent used gear, and put the savings in your pocket. I like CJ and Aesthetix for openers. Keep me posted on your buying decision(s).
Jafant and all others - thanks yet again for the input. LOTS more choices than I thought. Not ready to pull the trigger yet (wish I were). There are several nice used pieces listed here. Trying not to rush into this decision "sight unheard" as it were. Not living in an urban area makes it difficult to audition. Even where in-home trial is offered, it won't be possible for all gear so access ends up being a big factor in the selection process. Have to say I'm more optimistic than when I started that a significant upgrade will be possible without breaking the bank.
Ghost, you don't need to change your budget, but if you can deploy more cash on a temporary basis you could probably buy both a used CJ ET-3 and Aesthetix Calypso, then sell off the one you like least in your system. You might have some shipping cost to absorb, but you get an inexpensive home trial.