Shopping for an integrated amp

I want to simplify my system a little, largely at my wife's request, so am thinking of switching to an integrated to replace my current separates (Parasound Halo A23 and Meridian 562v w/DAC, powering ProAc Response 1 SC speakers and a very old AudioPro subwoofer). Would like for this to be an actual upgrade or at the very least sideways move. However, the dizzying array of choices has me somewhat paralyzed. I've heard and been impressed by Musical Fidelity's M6i, which hits the ceiling of my price-range. Wasn't overwhelmed by Anthem's 225 Integrated, but didn't hear it with my speakers. Can't audition NAD M3 because even the local NAD dealers won't carry it--they don't seem to like that product line. Would be grateful for opinions.
cooper52
I liked the Ayre Ax7e but liked the Hegel H200 a little more and ended up with the Hegel. Both are very good options.
I agree with the comments on Vincent. Might also consider the various Marantz integrateds. Not "official" audiophile stuff, but Marantz makes some awfully good amps at various price points. Cheers
A long overdue update: I ended up finding a great deal on a Hegel H200. At first it didn't seem to have the right synergy with my Proac Response 1SCs, but upgrading to Clarus Aqua interconnects speaker cables made all the difference, and now I'm quite thrilled what I'm hearing. Thanks again for all your suggestions.