Wyetech Labs Ruby Std preamp - any views?

My curiosity has been piqued by this tube preamp, designed with an original circuit layout. Does anyone have any opinions?
spiritofmusic
As a long term and very happy Opal owner (especially after installing the Teflon capacitors Roger supplied), I actually love the retro, industrial look, and, amazingly, my lady friend likes the look as well. That said, the only reason I would ever sell it is for a pre with a remote. It is a pain to keep getting up to change volume levels or functions. We lazy Americans!

I would be interested in hearing comments on a direct A/B comparo between the new Ruby STD and the Opal.

Neal
Neal the opal is good ,but can't match the lightening fast transients of the ruby STD,soundstage bigger , plus it's very very quiet , I had the Mbl 5011 which is quite a bit better than the opal , and the ruby is far better in lower extension , soundstage , transient response than the mbl 5011, the ruby is even quieter
Thanks, Pavpet. Did the Opal you compared to the (better) Mbl 5011 have the Teflon capacitors, or replacement NOS tubes. I use a pair of Russians (I think 1578's) and a pair of Sylvania Bad Boys.

These mods may tip the scale considerably.

regards,

Neal
Opal is good , doesn't have the soudstage , or quietness of the mbl , plus the weight in bottom end
Pavpet, your comments are interesting, but a little too brief for me to get a clear picture. Can you set aside a fuller description as to how the Ruby Std beats the Hovland HP200. Esp in terms of transparency/soundstage, bass extension, treble air, rhythm and timing.
A big practical issue is that here in the UK, it's going to be really difficult setting up a trial.