Wyetech Labs Ruby Std preamp - any views?

My curiosity has been piqued by this tube preamp, designed with an original circuit layout. Does anyone have any opinions?
spiritofmusic
Neal: what did the upgraded caps bring to the table? And did the factory ido the work? I ask because I too have an Opal. Thank you.
The Teflon caps made an enormous difference. The one criticism I had about the Opal is that it was a bit thin on top, especially on strings. The Teflon caps provided a much smoother, more full - bodied and natural sound. Strings sound quite "sweet" now. It takes 50-100 hours to really hear the full effects, but the improvement is immediately audible.

Roger provided the 4 caps but did not do the removal/installation; I had it done by an excellent shop in Westchester County in NY. Very reasonable; about $230.

I cannot see moving from the Opal now, and if I did it would be for a pre with a remote control as I am getting older and lazier.

Good luck.
Hovland is very mechanical sounding ,compared to the mbl, or wyetech ruby , these 2 preamps are very very liquid ,transparent with enormous soundstage, I had the hovland 200 for 6 months but could only listen to it for 1/2 at a time then fatigue sat I'n ,the ruby and mbl only want you to rediscover more vinyl or cd's
If you think the ruby preamp is impressive,

Wait till hp does review, or go on line for a look at the new ruby 300B 36 watts rms

Or

Wyetech ruby 211 They both look the same ,36 watts rms

The 300b outstanding. Midrange ,the 211 very very fast with punch gosebumps I own the 211 ,friend bought 300b for his sonus faber amati futura