New KT150 tubes?

Has anyone any experience with these pretty new tubes. There are already one or 2 amps I know of, that use them. The review of one of these amps in a UK magazine suggested they were a little warmer and more natural sounding than the nearly new KT120's

The article also suggested they were a straight swap for KT120 based amps, with no adjustment necessary. They are more than twice the cost of KT120's, but still not too costly compared with NOS tubes. I know changing from KT88's or 90's to 120's. did require some amp modification. I have an ARC reference 75 and might want to try the new tubes at some point, ARC don't seem to have a customer E-mail service, to ask the question
david12
Talked to ARC yesterday. Tubes are still in life test but apparently will be quite a bit more costly than the KT-120. Whether people will want them at the price they end up being, is difficult to say but KT-150's may not be cost effective.
Icon Audio is already featuring 'em. They sort of beat everybody to the punch with those.
I understand that Upscale Audio has a batch of KT-150s in stock that are being tested. Not for sale yet, but possibly early next year. Retail pricing not set yet either, but early thought is more than the KT-120s, which as an aside, may take a price increase (TBD).

Put it to you this way. If the KT-150 is twice as expensive as the KT-120, I doubt it would be cost effective for me unless the useful life of the tube increased proportionally with price. Otherwise, I'd be sweating bullets every minute the rig was running.

I heard a buzz that ARC may complete life testing the KT-150 in February/March next year. My current set of KT-120s is ready to be replaced now. I'm inclined to retube my amp with the KT-120s and catch others' comments and reactions.

Happy Holidays,

Bruce