Bridging EAR 890's

Thinking of adding another 890 to the system and wondering if anyone has experience with this set up. I have a pair of Tyler Acoustic monitors with matching 500 watt powered subs. They are rated at 8 ohm. My preamp is a EAR 912. Your comments will be greatly appreciated.
drpat
I had EAR 890 years ago and it's a fantastic amp. I would run them in mono if I have 2. I THINK flip a switch and jump the 2 channels ... contact a EAR dealer or distributor for more info.
I would take the extra money and put it towards cables, music, room treatments etc...

One thing I am curious about: Have you tried running these without the subs connected at all? How's the sound?
Elevick, Yes i have had it running without the subs. Sounds great but not quite as full bodied.

My cables, IC's and PC's are Audience, Krell KID ipod dock, 5000+ lps,no room treatments but good acoustics, power condition, Speakers are custum built by Tyler Acoustics,etc.
I HOPE your getting a good deal on the 890. I think it's a crime how Tim jacked up the prices on his stuff over the years. As a former EAR owner of Tim's cd player, integrateds and stereo amps, I will say that his stuff is very good but ridiculously overpriced in relation to the sound you get. I think his products are more bling than sing.....I just made that up!

But seriously Drpat, the 890 is a fine amp and it gave me countless hours of enjoyment as I'm sure it's doing the same for you. Do you need two? Well, I know you said doing so will give you more flexibility with future speakers, but if your not cranking up the system to loud levels and depending on the material you listen to then maybe just stick with one and save some $. Or, screw it and splurge. You only live once.
Devilboy, yes live once. Life is too short. I did get a good deal. I would have a hard time scoring one of the EAR's if it wasn't for Audiogon.