Low priced giant killers

Are there any small 2-ways? Can the Epos M5's do it or maybe something else in this price range (<$800). Some extension needed with some punch, big defined stage and a smooth top end including the detail. No peaks allowed. Not forward but also not recessed. Need a mate for my 90 watt Quicksilvers. Have heard the Proac 1sc years ago but I could not part with 2K for the little guys, great mids and smooth sweet detailed highs. Bass not too deep though. Technology must have moved on to almost get it all at under a G by now? Right?? ;)
bottleflow
Ditto for VR-1s. I did just put a pair of Axiom M3tis ($300US)in my bedroom and they are amazing little speakers for the money. They don't compete with my Dynaudios or VR-1s, but for the money they are fine. Bottom is about 60 Hz as is the VR-1s, but the VR-1s have a sweet midrange and are very life-like, near field monitors. Good luck!
I heard the Silverline 60 from Kirksaeter at CES two years ago and was impressed by their lack of distortion, low bass output and huge soundstage, particularly considering their tiny size.

Suggested retail is $849.00 and many times I wish I had taken advantage of the show special price offered to me that day.

Kirksaeter
Stretch you budget a bit say to 1100-1200 and go with Von Schweikert VR-4. Dont think just do it. You will have all the punch you will want plus outstanding low level detail.
Ive changed amplifiers in the 7-12K range (Used List) and kept these. Best with tubes. A bit power hungry.