Wharfedale Diamond 8.4

Has anyone heard the Wharfedale Diamond 8.4? Big time reviews on audioreview.com, just wondering if the goners have any experience with it. Looking for a sub-$1000 set of floor standers that can be placed near the wall, and be reasonably easy on the eyes. Listen to most types of music.

Equip:

Sony 9000es
B&K REF 10
Mccormack DNA-1

Thanks
rrekstad
I liked the Totem Arro a lot when I heard it at the Montreal show a few years ago. Vince Bruzzese was playing it with a SimAudio I-5 integrated and a Rega Planet--this was before Totem brought out their own integrated amp. Very musical, lots of presence and rhythm, sounded good next to the wall. Personally, and without having heard your components, I would guess by its reputation that the Totem Arro would be closer in quality to what you have than the Wharfedale model you're considering, but I would like to have that confirmed, please.
the totem is a significant step up from the wharfdales..i know because an audiophile friend of mine has the exact same system as me except i own arros and he owns wharfdale diamond 8....not sure which one, its a 3 way speaker though...

my system sound much better than his...the wharfdales are good speakers for the money but theres simply no comparison...

if looking into arros though be aware of a potential problem i discovered...see my thread below titled "help with speaker problem" for more info
I've got the full Diamond Surround setup
- 8.4s in front
- 8.3s in rear
- Diamond 8 center
- looking for a replacement for 12in AR sub

I initally bought a demo pair of 8.3s for only $250 as an "interim" speaker to last my senior year of college but enjoyed them enough that I jumped into a full surround package and augmented them with bigger 8.4s in front (displacing the 8.3s to surround duty).

I drive them with an NAD S170 pre/pro and S250 5 channel amp - probably well beyond what most people use to drive these speakers but I find they love the power. I formerly used an NAD T752 receiver and the Wharfedales really came alive with the better equipment. I would be curious to know how many others are using relatively modest speakers with substantially better upstream gear (not trying to start a "Where should I put most of my money" thread).

I am very satisfied with the speaker package and killer deals are now available on the net.