What happened to Monsoon Audio?

I was thinking of buying some planar speakers for my desktop PC which I believe are (were) the best in the market. Their website monsoonaudio.com has been showing 'Coming soon' for several months now!!! Anyone knows if they are really going to make a comeback?

Are there any other desktop/multimedia planar speakers in the same price range?
harrygoldsmith
Hey Siliab - thanks for your response. I checked out Eminent-Tech's LFT model and the prices are a little too steep, I should say. $599 for a 2 pair + sub and $899 for a four speaker + sub system!!!

Any others that you know of? There are some refurbished Monsoon ones on ebay - unfortunately there aren't the better ones that Monsoon had - specifically the MM-1000 and MM-2000.
Hello Harry,

Looking at the the ET website, I believe the speaker and sub also come with an amplifier. Although the ET system is not cheap, they do some reasonable for what you get. Just FYI.

Cheers
I purchased these for my computer.

url]http://www.vonschweikert.com/fps_speaker.html[/url]

They really sound fantastic. I use au-24 speaker wire and I added a 10awg power cord to the amp. It does soundstage. Somewhere they might sell the clear acrylic instead of the wood speaker.
I bought the Vonschweikert FPS speakers. Being a previous owner of VonSchweikert series, I was hoping a lot. However was in for a little dissapointment. The speakers are good but lack seriously in the bass department. The bass just doesn't seem to by rythmic. I am not a bass lover so can live with the speakers. But the boston acoustics speakers I have do a much better job in speed and bass. The VSs though rule in clarity and sweetness. Also the cables provided seem to be of cheapest quality. I guess I need to change the cables.

As typical of VS, the packaging was good.

Overall not a bad choice amongst the limited choices in Planar/Electrostatic Computer speakers but VonSchweikert could have done better. The speakers are certainly not for gaming but for pure music - jazz, vocals, r&b ... type.