B&W N 805 vs. N 805 Sig. Opinions?

Are the sig 805's really that much better than the regular 805s. I hate paying for just cosmetics.

Thanks,

Dr Ken
drken
The N805 signature is much better than the regular N803 (not 805). The tweeter is super detailed and more neutral.

They are so much better they are within a stones throw of my JM Reynaud Trentes :)
I can assure you that you are not just paying for cosmetics. I've had both in my room. There are drastic differences between the two. The signature uses a different cabinet, different woofer, different tweeter, different crossover, and different speaker terminals. It is much more open, detailed, and transparent than the N805. The bass is significantly better on the signatures.
I have to agree with the two previous posts. The Signature
805's are in a different league. The N805 is a great
speaker in its own right but the S805 takes those strenghts
and builds on them. If you can afford the S805 I would
not hesitate to buy it. I have been enjoying my pair for
over 5 months now and have no regrets about my purchase.

Good luck
Cmach
Premium you are paying is to much.Better alternatives eg.JM Lab Micro Utopia.Merlin TSM-MM OR MX perhaps?I went from CDM 1 NT to Revel M20's(better than Naut 805) and now ordered Merlin VSM-MM's.Also considered 805 Signatures but Just to expensive for what you getting.New 800 series due for release soon.If stuck on B&W perhaps wait for that.I believe there are better alternatives.
Good Luck
Dr Chris
Anaesthesiologist
South Africa
Keeping this in perspective, others have already covered that the differences between those two speakers is vast. There are some PDF downloads from B&W's web site that also highlight the differences.

As for the previous post, that is more of an opinion than fact, and that without any real evidence of experience. Nevertheless, opinion is part of this hobby.

IMO, if you have the opportunity to take the speakers home for a trial, do so.

(To my good friend Phil, I would have to throw the stone backwards to hit the Trentes ;) )