"Non Inductive" resistors.

I have a couple of Boston Acoustics speakers that I picked up for free at the dump. The woofers were torn, but the boxes and grills were like new. I put in a couple of Dayton Audio woofers, and they are better than OK except that the tweeter needs about a 4 ohm padding resistor.

In view of my minimal investment, I don't feel inclined to use exotic resistors. Question is...so what if the resistor had a bit of inductance? Wouldn't the resulting roll off be well above the audio range?
eldartford
I would think the inductance in the wiring and voice coils would be far greater than the inductance in a single resistor. If you wanted to be sure you could get some 8 ohm non-inductive power resistors at Radio Shack for $2.29 each and have your two 4 ohm pads for under $10.
Herman...Two of those in parallel (for 4 ohms) would have a 40 watt rating! I really was thinking in terms of a simple wirewound 4 ohm 10 watt costing 39 cents each. (Parts Express, but I don't want to pay shipping on this!)
I really was expecting someone to lecture me about why the resistor needs to be non-inductive.
North Creek Music makes non-inductive wire wound resistors that sound superb..The material that these great resistors are made of is their secret to their sound. Only thing I have heard that sound better are resistor bridges made from Vishay metal film type..They cost 6 bucks each and you need 10 in parallel to make one high power resistor..Resistors are the most over looked component part in a crossover..To bad ..they make more difference than a capacitor swap.The North Creeks are about 4 bucks each..Tom