"Non Inductive" resistors.

I have a couple of Boston Acoustics speakers that I picked up for free at the dump. The woofers were torn, but the boxes and grills were like new. I put in a couple of Dayton Audio woofers, and they are better than OK except that the tweeter needs about a 4 ohm padding resistor.

In view of my minimal investment, I don't feel inclined to use exotic resistors. Question is...so what if the resistor had a bit of inductance? Wouldn't the resulting roll off be well above the audio range?
eldartford
The equivalent series inductance (ESL) of resistors is miniscule and so is only apparent at super high frequencies (100s of GHz). Most resistors are soldered very close to the board surface so the inductance loop is very small anyway. Some resistors would have more ESL than others but it still doesn't matter in linear amps. I have been studying the problem of ESL in capacitors, which are much larger in value, and even then, the problem is only at high switching frequencies (of nonlinear topologies).
I would think the inductance in the wiring and voice coils would be far greater than the inductance in a single resistor. If you wanted to be sure you could get some 8 ohm non-inductive power resistors at Radio Shack for $2.29 each and have your two 4 ohm pads for under $10.
Herman...Two of those in parallel (for 4 ohms) would have a 40 watt rating! I really was thinking in terms of a simple wirewound 4 ohm 10 watt costing 39 cents each. (Parts Express, but I don't want to pay shipping on this!)
I really was expecting someone to lecture me about why the resistor needs to be non-inductive.