Von Schweikert VR-4,Jr.

Was anyone else as impressed by these speakers at HE 2004 as I was? I thought their performance was stupendous, and can only wonder what the bigger models sound like.
gladstone
Post removed 
I am just past the 100 hour mark and am very pleased. The bass has really tightened up and the midrange is really filling out. I am dialing in the placement (with my dealers help) and just added the lead shot. I anticipate putting the spikes on in the next week. I really love these speakers. I have a single pair of wires (Kimber 8TC going to the M/T unit and a pair of jumpers made from the same wire going from the M/T unit to the bass unit. Works great!
Jack is right.

You have a lot to look forward to. But save yourself the misery and break them in before trying to do too much. I spent way too much time on placement because they weren't broken in yet. So I really couldn't judge the best location by the sound.

Remember the 200+ hours mean "loud" music (don't let them clip). The owners manual has a procedure that helps keep the sound down by facing each other. It works.

Enjoy, you've made a great speaker choice, there's no arguing that.

Rob
I just heard these speakers a few weeks ago and was very impressed. Unfortunately I didn't have my normal auditioning CD's with me. I am strongly considering them.

I am a little concerned because the load is 6 ohms and I have an ARC tube amp.

One question I have is the "link" between the speakers. DOes that come with them or do you have to buy that if you don't want to bi-wire. Are the connectors special or are they RCA so you can jumper with a short pair of speaker wire.

Thanks.