What happen to finishing speakers like furniture?

I don't know if anyone else feels the same way, but I'm tired of laminate! I have a $1700 pair of Pinnacle Aerogels and they are finished with laminate. I miss the days when real wood veneers were the standard, not the exception. Over the last few months I've purchased four different pairs of vintage Klipsch speakers - Heresys and Fortes and come to realize that speakers should look as good as the $4,000 Entertainment center. I'm currently in the process of refinishing a pair of Heresys in Red Mahogony and they are absolutely beautiful! I can't wait to see the finished product. I understand why speaker companies have gone to laminates, but I wish they didn't need to.
japosey
Audes Blues speakers our all wood with workmanship and finish of much, much more costly speakers. I was amazed when I saw them for the first time, at this price point.
Regards,
Brian
What happened to finishing furniture like furniture! Lower quality is not limited to loudspeakers.

Suggestion...get Magneplanars. Almost no wood, and what there is is real!
I have to go along with Jax2 and Nighthawk. I've got the curly maple Soliloquy 6.3's. The woodworking, construction and finish are wonderful. Sound is nice too!

Greg