Speakers: What's MOST important to you?...

When you demo a pair of speakers, what criteria do you use to judge the quality of sound? What must the speaker have or do that will bring out the check book or credit card?
128x128dawgbyte
Non-flabby bass, along with non-bright treble. I have heard many many speakers with a great high end and midrange, but fuzzy, flabby bass that I don't want to spend years trying to correct with room treatments, different amps, cables, power cords, etc. The best combination of bass and treble I heard was the Genesis 500's, which I bought several years ago. I have never had to treat my room in any way.
tight bass, full midrange, and smooth highs. that is why i look at speakers with smaller (but could have multiple of them) woofers (10" or less in size) because they tend to have a tighter lower octave and still produce enough bass for me. smooth highs produce a sound that you can listen to for hours.
I like good extension at the extremes, but the midrange (where most of the music is found) has to be clear and engaging. The liquid midrange people talk about is real and the sound is fantastic, when you get a speaker that will provide that midrange.
Image, Pleasure, Presence(or presentation), Accuracy, Ability to create listening room.
Must be Full range, lifelike vocals, efficient, and be able to reproduce piano with good accuracy. If a speaker can do all that, i'd like it.

I gotta be able to listen to Alicia Keys on it and have it convince me that girl is in the room with me.