NHT 3.3...any info?

Hey folks..

Was curious if anyone knows of any links or places to get information regarding the NHT 3.3's, particulary, lab measurements, magazine reviews, etc.

Ive dont a buttload of searching on the net, i can find basic power handling and dimention information, but i cannot find anything more. I checked NHT's site, Audioreview doesent really have what im looking for either. Countless searches in google and yahoo dont pull up much either.

I can find plenty of this for OTHER NHT speakers, but not the 3.3's. You would think it would be out there seeing as how they were NHT's flagship speaker for quite some time.

I can find small quips here and there on them, but nothing more than a few dozen words.

keep yer fingers crossed for slappy, a set of these might be replacing his radioshack speakers next weekend! That'll be one hell of an upgrade

knock on wood!

Thanks!

:)
slappy
i had the home theater setup that dave described above except i used the 2.9's. (2.9's, ac2, 1.5's, 2 sub two subs). i still use the ac2 and the 2 sub two's. i had better luck with the home theater setup than a pure audio setup with the nht's. i did try tilting back the speakers (helped a little), tried fanning them out where the fronts were 90 degrees to me (instead of the angled 21 degrees). doing this, was the biggest improvement i made with them (this shows the inside of the speaker toward you). i would recommend try before you buy using your own equipment.
I have owned the 3.3's for the past 2 years. The reviews from The Absolute Sound and Stereophile generally characterize their sound as being dry and bright. I found that they are very transparent and do not have a discernable sound of their own. If you pair them with bright sounding equipment they will sound bright. They do require a significant amount of power, I am using McCormack DNA-1 Monos to good effect. Huge soundstage extending far beyond the edges of the speakers. Revel Salons and Wilson Watt Puppy 7 are both similar to the 3.3 with the Revels being slightly smoother and the Wilsons a bit more transparent. Both were considered as a replacement but I find the improvements to be very small and neither have the bass extension of the NHT. The most important issue is that they require a large room to sound their best. At least 15'x15'. The 2.9 is an altogether different speaker. Less precise imaging, fatter bass, not as refined but more tolerant of lesser gear. These speakers require careful setup as stated above but the result is definitely worth the effort.
Two months ago I've seen an ad for NHT T5(their newer offerings ,M5 monitor combined with B5 bass module)mint customer returns for like half the retail.Keep your eyes open for deals like that.I was gonna get them but instead I found a local deal on Aerial 10T's.Good luck ,the 3.3 are a respectable speaker .
I saved several pdf format reviews (from NHT website when they still list 3.3) including Stereophile review. Email me [email protected].

The reason you can't find is internet is not so popular when they start reviewing it 12 years ago.