Any small monitors that dont sound thin and bright

Love the sound of Spendors...they do that "space thing" so right...especially with vocals...which is one of my most demanding criteria...but they are pricey...and have limited dynamics and bass...any more affordable options that offer same level of transparency? I have a small room...so mega bass is really not needed...I am also considering Castle Richmonds and Totem mites...are these anywhere near the Spendors?
128x128phasecorrect
You should listen to the Von Schweikert VR-1. Their top end is precise and crisp without sounding tinny and the base is full and lively with a great and deep soundstage. To me they sound like the best electrostatics without having to get a sub.
Kinima G1's on Osiris stands with Cardas Crosslink bi-wires will do what you want. The Kinima's take a long while to break in, but once they do, you will be amazed on the smooth non-fatiging highs and the tight bass. Midrange is perfect. These speakers are finished in wood veveer, Cardas post and wires with there own customed made speakers. You will not be disappointed. Check out Zetag corp in Toronto or go to the website.
Spendor S3/1p 2-way 6.5 ported. Have much more bottom extension than the 3/5, and that classic great smooth midrange, with a nice rolled top. NEVER get in your face, so are great for bright recordings or HT, too.
Green Mountain Audio Europa's. Very natural and effortless sounding. Solid build quality - a truly remarkable monitor in my humble opinion. The Aerial 5's are great too - occasionally used on agon for about $1K.