Need monitors with a BIG sound

Well, the better half just found out the size of the Vandy 2c's I purchased & is NOT pleased. Seeing how I can get rid of speakers easier than her I need to demo a few monitor sized speakers to see if I can find the same big sound in WAF speaker. The monitors can be pretty big but not as big as the Vandy's so a mini-monitor is probably out of the question. Right now I'm running a pair of B&W DM303's on loan from a friend. I'm not overly impressed with these at the moment b/c of the lack of bass in particular & veiled sound they offer. I listen to mostly live recordings of "rock & roll" (i.e. similar to the Grateful Dead) & like nice tight powerful bass with excelent imaging. I'll have a CJ MF2200 & DNA-1 to run the speakers with my CJ PV10AL pre-amp. My intent is to sell one of the amps after I settle on a speaker that will fit our smallish living room that is 14'X 16' X 7'. You guys haven't let me down yet so fire away.
fishwater
I'd buy a pair of used Dynaudio Contour 1.1's. They're relatively easy to place, very modest in size, attractive, and they sound great. Imaging is a strength, and they sound good across a large array of musical genres. I listen to lots of rock, jazz and vocals. They'll surprise you with their low end, though later adding a nice sub is always an option.
Meadowlark Swallow. Much less than $1k new. Nice sound. Good design. Not big. Solid hardwoods and nice appearance. High WAF. You could probably get the factory stands and the speakers as a package from a dealer for $1k. Speakers retail for $799 and stands for $249. It's a nice looking package that performs better than the price would indicate.
I was looking into the Swallows, my local dealer is "supposed" to sell Meadowlark but has none in stock?? I think he's getting out of the market. I've wanted to hear all the Meadowlark speakers, they look to be a nice design with a small footprint.
LINN TUKANS (approx $600 used) and a REL Strata ($900 used) down the road. Be sure your amp can take these 4 ohm monitors.
Dan