Von Schweikert VR-2's

Has anyone heard the new VSA speakers that were released this year? If so, how do they compare to the rest of the line, especially the VR-4s?
smccull
I can see how some people might think the VR-2 can sound boomy. But the proper amount of lead shot reduces the cabinet resonance, and the proper amount of toe-in can smooth that boominess out.

Also if they are too close together for the room, you can introduce some boominess.

In terms of footers. The stock spikes are OK, but Vibrapods on BDR "things" was much better. Stillpoints even better. BDR cones added a stiffness to the sound. This also helped in terms of everything. The bass is very springy, not bloated at all, and was reproduced with alot of natural drive. No hardness.

I also noticed that some cables work better thatn others (of course we all know this). The AZ Satori sounded outstanding, but was slightly muddy. The AU24, Analysis Plus and Audio Magic Sorceror performed much better without the mudiness.

I've been listening for a month straight on the VR-2's to learn the sound. I'll be switching to the VR-4.5s today. I'll update you on the comparison. I already have a good idea, I just want to verify.

As for the show sound. I always noticed that every system sounds better each day as the show goes on. It's too difficult to setup in those rooms. Each night the system's are re-tweaked based on what's been heard throughout the day.
Von's produce real, deep, full range bass output and move gobs of air, something that 99.99% of all speakers can't come close to doing in a real room, and in turn it is something that 99.9% of audiophiles have never heard nor have had the frustration of managing in their rooms. If one doesn't know how to properly setup full range speakers I can see how some could percieve boominess, but setup correctly and this complaint will vanish. Von's have always offered the very best bass performance in their price range of any speaker I've ever heard or owned, among many. No contest, really. Personally, I would choose the amazing VR4SE's over the $25K Wilsons, and the VR-2's aren't too far from their big brother.
We have a pair to audition in the Raleigh, NC area
Find info at www.audiobroker.net