Verity Parsifals vs 1st series Talon KhorusX

If I ever make a move to solidstate
(I'm thinking maybe Passlab),has anyone heard
or own this combination?
saxman2
Two completely different animals. What type of music do you mostly listen to?
God those are both great speakers, I have a local friend with the parisfals being powered by Tenors with Jena labs cableing and a capitole II I have another friend with the Talon KhorusX with tenors, jena labs and a capitole II(they have different analog front ends how ever). Like JC audio says they are very different creatures and either would work well with either of your current amp(s). Knowing what your looking for from sound I think the Parsifal encore may be the right speaker for you- less authoritive in the lower octaves and some people feel they are slow/overly romantic in the bass department again I think that would come down to personal preference. The khorusX is no slouch though it does everything very well and is magical with OTL's. With your associated equipment and musical tastes I would have to give my nod to the parsifal- which would also be my choice between the two. Don't get pissed at me Bill you know I am an idiot! I just find the parsifal more my palate, and after all isn't that what this hobby is all about finding out what gives you personal joy(very selfish and I love it!). ~Tim
So far some very good advice has been given.

I have to ask what you mean by 1st series Khorus X's? If you are talking about the Khorus with or without the X crossover, I would highly recommend against them. The Khorus X is a very different speaker, in both sonics and construction. The Khorus X is far superior to any version of the Khorus.

As far as the Parsifal, it is a beautiful sounding speaker with great body and character. It is not the last word in dynamics or bass extension, but not weak in those areas and it conveys the emotional aspect of the music quite well.

Both are great choices and, as Tim has stated, are two totally different approaches.
Jtinn- have you ever heard the original Khorus 2-way w/Focal
drivers? Until you do please don't make statements like-"The Khorus X is far superior to any version of the Khorus."

Aloha.