Verity Parsifals vs 1st series Talon KhorusX

If I ever make a move to solidstate
(I'm thinking maybe Passlab),has anyone heard
or own this combination?
saxman2

Showing 5 responses by kana813

Jtinn- I'm sure Tim is a great guy. I'd rather not post details of the mods, since other Khorus owners without tech skill maybe tempted to try them and damage their speakers. The mods eliminate the upper mid-range edge and added to the overall sense of speed.

I'm driving my speakers with some custom built tube equipment. Amps put out 60 wpc, which is plenty
for the Khorus.
Jtinn- have you ever heard the original Khorus 2-way w/Focal
drivers? Until you do please don't make statements like-"The Khorus X is far superior to any version of the Khorus."

Aloha.
Jtinn- Mahalo for your comments. I still feel the original pre-Talon Khorus to be a great speaker.

I recently updated some parts in mine and added a powered sub, coming in at 50 hz. Performance is so good, that I
can't justify an upgrade to the $16K X or $7K Raven.

Aloha.
Jtinn- One more thought, after looking at your system- While I respect your opinion, I doubt that anyone without an analog input can properly evaluate the merits of a music reproduction system.

Tube amps/output stages and fancy hi end cables can't make up for lost information.

Aloha,

Kana813
Tireguy- I'm glad you find me funny.

No, I don't know Jtinn. Are you one of Jtinn's customers or just an idiot as you've posted above.

My comment was based on Jtinn's posted system
which didn't show an analog input until today. Since it's now obvious he has an excellent TT system, I stand corrected.

No I've never heard the Capitole, I don't listen to CDs.
I'm glad you enjoy yours.

Jtinn- Glad to see you still listen to LPs. Live long and
sell lots of $9k CD players to idiots like Tim.

Aloha.