Speaker suggestions wanted

As any audio enthusiast who has ever moved can likely attest, new and smaller rooms can be a challenge. I would be grateful for any suggestions on possible speakers that would be suitable in the following scenario. My new listening room measures 21'x 10', and the spkrs need to be on the long wall, approx 2.5'out,with the rt spkr approx 2' from the side wall and a distance of approx 7' between the spkrs. The listening position will be approx 7' from the center axis. I want to spend $1500.(used)on a pair of floorstanding spkrs with a freq. range no < an in room 35Hz. I listen to lo-fi as well as hi-fi recordings. Spkrs I've owned and have been moved by include Spica TC-60's, Dunlavy SC-IV's, and a pair of Thiel 2.2's, (which I respected yet could never quite warm up to). Any speaker suggestions befitting the above would be most welcome.
resuviator
What does the rest of your set consist of? This might bring on more informed/better suggestions. Also what type of music do you listen to (is there a main interest)?
Thanks to all for the kind suggestions. Dekay,in response to your questions. I will select all associative components upon making a speaker decision. My listening tastes are truly varied;classical,jazz,acoustic/vocalist,rock,reggae, electronic ect. Please see my first thread for my previous speakers.The thiels do so many things right imho, I just wish they were, for me, more emotionally involving.
I like the Gallo Micro powered sub/sat. This is a very musical and flexible system. You can contour bass for this situation and the sats are quite good. The Harbeth suggestion is also quite good. Cheers.
a pair of used Linn Kabers would work well...Linns sound wonderful....spendor sp 1/2 would work well, too but might be a bit bass shy. A sub is required in any event with this budget
Resuviator, the Thiels may not be the problem? I used to sell them and(the older ones anyway) they really need electronics and a front end that can convey the emotive qualitys you felt they were lacking(most cd palyers sound unenvolving to me). All good speakers are stupid beasts, they just eat what you feed them. Feed them something cold and something cold comes out. They are a pretty clear window back to what they are hooked up to. I personaly liked them with something sort of romantic sounding like some of the Conrad Johnson tubes.(I understand the Carry stuff may have a sound something like that) but never with anything solid state that I ever tried them with seemed to do it for me. This is not an attack on you SS guys, so please don't all of you transistor types out there "flame" me now.