Electrostats Shootout at 4000 Corral

from the latest electrostat technology the gunslingers are from kansas the legendary MARTIN LOGAN with the ASSENT($4000) from utah SOUND LABS with their handsome DYNOSTAT($3900) and from georgia INNERSOUND with EROS PASSIVE($4000) to make this as fair as possibile KRELL 300i amp($3000 new $1200 used) and for CDP hmmm take the NAD C540($600 NEW) i would prefer GASMAN'S recommendation the powerful INNERSOUND ESL amp($3000 new) gives 300 watts into 8 ohms 600 into 4 and 1000 into 2. for cdp i would prefer the new GRANITE 657 TUBE CDP($2500). i have seen MARTIN LOGAN shoot, BEAUTIFUL! no dealers in new orleans for INNERSOUND or SOUND LABS , guess have to drive to houston or atlanta to hear these guys. you know it seems the shootout is not between these 3, its more like these 3 against the HUNDREDS of box LOUDspeakers(WITH THE WILSONS leading the pack and the MAGEPLANNARS are in the pack as well. sorry maggie devotes i'VE HEARD THE MAGGIE 1.6 with CALIFORNIA LABS CDP and a NAD amp as well with a ROGUE amp ,not impressed. so its a question of which of the 3 electrostat can knock off the most boxed LOUD speakers. tweekerman
tweekerman
You know Tweekerman I am a big fan of Electrostats because they do a lot of nice things for music listening and I back that up by having owned the original Aerius that are still in my office - the Quest Z's - the Quad 989 which I traded to a New Orleans guy for the ML Odyssey which he bought from Jay in Metairie - (I let them go because my wife really hated their look in our room) - I really didn't think about letting go of the ML's until I recently heard the VMPS RM 40.. It is the best boxtype speaker I have heard in a long time and outdoes or matches our Stats in many areas and at 4600 retail - no one is even close in the dynamic speaker department. A friend of mine in Texas owns a pair. A friend also owns the CLS and I love the classical music that comes out of those through the Innersound amp - I have never seen a pair at Jay's place to listen to in a showroom - when you listen to the music that comes from them you never think - it needs a sub. By the way it's time for you to make up your mind and take the step because we are exhausted for you.
Sedond seems martin logan sees the impracticality of their CLS11Z about to drop the model. which leaves me with the sound lab millenium-3 as the choice over the eros mk11 mainly because 95% of the music i listen to is classical if it was the other way around 95% r&b jazz rock then the eros mk11 is the way to go. just as of interest Tireguy is helping me put together a virtual system , playboys paradise i had chose the accuphase dp75v($11000!!) , tireguys response was "and money spent on the dp-75 could have been saved with an audio aero capitole getting VERY similar results, so close in fact i wish i had a capitole over my accuphase gear(at the same savings i bought the accuphase for!)" !!! i mean i always thought the more expensive the more the better. i mean ACCUPHASE!!! thanks for the tip Detlof , i think allitle too large for my room.
I'm a newbie to the entry level high end having recently purchased the ML Aerius i's. After a long (and still incomplete) struggle to place them correctly I realized that an 11 year old Denon integrated amp wasn't cutting it. So here comes the Anthem AVM2 pre and MCA5 amp. HT going on here as well. Huge difference in openess and soundstage depth and better highs. A little more sparkle. The beauty of the ML's is that that they fill the house with music w/o being married to the couch or a narrow sweet spot to enjoy them for casual listening. A "collapsing soundstage" to me means it's a crappy recording. ML's are placement sensitive for serious listening but the sweet spot is at least three people wide....:-)

BTW has anyone heard ML's new sub?
Ljgj i am new in this audio realm so be patient , read my last post. hopefully the new pathos amp(120watts) due out in may will marry well with the sound labs M3.regards
Gasman and Plato just sent emails says Gasman "eros produce crisp sound...BUT 'beam' to a single seat" says Plato "M-3 needs GOBS of power to make them sing , but sound INCREDIBLE"..."I feel the EROS ARE the best on 'synergistic symphonic dynamic' sound" ... so disreguard previous post due to further credible witnesses. if anyone follows all the posts, seems INNERSOUND's EROS MK11 is as close as i'm going to get to 'dynamic synergistic symphonic sound'... i guess you are wondering how i came up with this imaginary phrase. my old Philips Dynamic 475 actually has a clear bubble tweeter its a mini electrostat, never could figure out why it produced mid+highs like no other tweeter when i bought them in 1982 its that quality of sound i was after (its a 2 way 6 in woofer, bass ok) puts b&w tweeter to shame. thanks for everone's interest tweekerman