Audio Physic's "New" Virgo---Better?? How So??

Need some input and opinion on the "new and improved" Virgo by Audio Physic, especially about the type of improvements over the old model.I recently heard them driven by a pair of 50 watt Cary amps. They sounded good to very good, but somewhat constricted in dynamics, and a tad biting in the high frequencies. The dealer said they still had not been broken in yet which might have accounted for some brightness and lack of dynamics. I know this model has been a classic, but is it that much better than the original, that is, better bass, and more slam, weight or body to the sound which the "older" Virgo seriously lacked
sunnyjim
In various demos, I have found the new Virgos to be inferior to the old ones. And I base this on the one criteria by which the Virgos have (historically, at least) earned their reputation: imaging and soundstaging. In repeated demo sessions, I've found the sound to be disconcertedly "locked" to the two speakers, rather than floating freely between them.

So. In went upgraded drivers and corssovers. But out went the magic, at least to my ears.
I've owned Virgos for a very long time. The III does goes
deeper and may be a bit more dynamic. They are too close to justify upgrading for me. Instead, I bought a used Audio Physic Terry subwoofer. The combination is far superior than the new Virgo's alone.

Wendell
I auditioned the new Virgo 3 in my system which consists of BATVK75SE, BAT50SE, Electrocompaniet ECM-1 mk2. Listening to them for almost three days I found them very,very thin in the bottom end. No matter where I placed them in the room, the problem was the same. They did a very nice disappearing act, which they are known for. Good soundstage with plenty of depth. To me, they do not sound like a full range speaker, could probably use a sub woofer,but for $5500.00 there are plenty of other speakers to listen to.I think a used pair of Verity Audio Fidelios are a far superior speaker in every aspect and I have seen them on the used market for about the same price as the new Virgo 3. It all comes down to your system and your ears, not reviews by anyone. There are alot of people who in the past have loved this speaker and continue to do so.Good luck!