Rap music on high-end speakers

Hello,

I have audiophile taste in gear, but not in music. I listen to rap music, and occansionaly R&B. Is there anyone out there like me? What do you listen for when buying gear? I was wondering what are the benefits in getting better gear? I want to upgrade the speakers to either proac response 3.8 or wilson cubs. Here is my system:

Levinson No.23
aranov ls-9000
Platinum audio reference 2
Paradigm servo 15
kimber speaker wire
esoteric component wires
amc cdm7
tru
Tireguy, Not a problem. I like to hear peoples opinions. I dont like the sound of Klipschs for the same reasons as most people. Also rappers dont use expensive gear just because it is there. I have seen some rappers design their own recording studio. Gregm, you are right on. I couldnt have said it any better. I am glad to see that there are more of you that understand. Gunbunny, I totally understand. What you said, brings back a couple of bad memories. Some of you are have gotten my point right on the spot. Justlisten, you dont have to apologize. I am not mad. I do appreciate you writing back and explaning. I would like to hear more comments. Thanks
Regarding Souljasmooth comments,

RE: Hey Albert are you making fun of TRU's Audiogon name. TRU happens to be a group from the multi platinum selling company no limit records. I read your bio and I thought you had more class. I guess not. I am just glad that their is still some audiophiles that like to share positive comments with each other, no matter

Response:
Actually my first thought upon reading the signature "TRU", was the Budweiser commercial where they ask Whattttsssupppppp? Then the answer ends up with "true true."

I had no idea there was a group with that name. In fact, I cannot recall many (if any) members using music groups as a moniker. However, there have been many members who post topics just to troll. I seriously doubt that anyone really secure with their musical tastes would be put off by my silly comments. They were much too playful and light to have a cutting edge.

If you or TRU disagree and wish to retaliate, you may attack my favorites. Some of which are: Kate Bush, Bjork, Radiohead, The Doors, Stevie Ray Vaughn, KD Lang, Bill Evans, Miles Davis, Daft Punk, JJ Johnson, Billie Holiday, Louis Armstrong, Sarah McLaughlin, Bob Dylan, Joni Mitchell, Santana, Bare Naked Ladies, Laurie Anderson, Yellow, Cowboy Junkies, Neil Young, Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix, Lightnin' Hopkins, Nirvana, Johnny Cash, Louis Prima, Sylver, Herb Ellis, Chris Whitley, Hank Williams Jr., Red Garland, Etta James, Happy Rhodes, Tony Bennett, Mississippi John Hurt, Eric Clapton, Carmen McRae, Dave Brubeck, Tori Amos, Fleetwood Mac, and the Rolling Stones.

These are what randomly come to mind. I avoided listing classical, as the performance and conductor have almost as much to do with my favorites (there)as does the composer.

If you need a larger target, I have over 6000 LP's and several hundred CD's, that cover music spanning the last half century. I'm sure there are titles there that I love and you hate.

As for sharing comments, I spend a great deal of time answering what I can, many topics are dismissed or overlooked by others and I do take time to provide the best answer I can. Failure to respond is only when I cannot accurately answer or do not have anything further to add, due to the quality of others posters comments.

I do post silly comments occasionally, as many Audiogon members do, and consider it a release from the sometime too serious nature of this forum.

As for comments from Onhwy61,

RE:
Is it possible that those protesting most loudly have systems that can't handle the bass dynamics and rhythmic agility required for hip/hop. Maybe those with their glass driven planers.........

Response:
Even if this comment is not aimed directly at me, (I don't know if you even know my equipment). I assure you that if my requirements for reproduction was limited to the quality of rap and hip/hop, the efforts to get my system maxed out would be much simpler.

There are many automobile systems that slam so much bass that they are annoying from a thousand feet away.. Do you believe this represents accuracy, or affords a satisfying level of enjoyment?

Much of this type of reproduction (and indeed music) is about invading others space. Perhaps they ran out of spray paint?

I dare say that the accurate reproduction of a single female vocal, accompanied by piano contains more complex and difficult to reproduce information than most of the electronic and souped up sounds of pop rap.

Just one music lovers opinion, stated here in balance with the defensive comments from those who seem offended that we do not all love rap.
Controversial thread. Growing up my dad hated my hard rock music, busted my chops every chance he could. As a young teenager he laughed at me for buying my first quality stereo (with money I raised cutting lawns, etc.). He felt my Thorens/NAD/Mission set up was wasted on the "garbage" I listened to. Fast forward to today, my 11 year old son. The kid loves Rap music; trust me on this one, I sure don't like Rap. I put together a Carver receiver/Pioneer CDP/B&W speakers for him. I give him gift certificates for his birthday and other occassions, he buys Rap CD's. The moral of the story: don't be your dad, every generation finds new music they enjoy for their own reasons. A chacunes sons gouts. And, yes, seriously consider B&W speakers, they do a credible job in my son's system.