Speaker Stand Recommendation

Looking for recommendations for speaker stands. Would need them to be relatively tall, say from 28 to 32 inches. I have seen stands with puny little platform that the speakers sit on and would like to see if there is anything with a larger, solid platform for the speaker. Dimensions for speaker are about 9x11. Thanks. Recommendations on where to get such a product also appreciated.
south_park
Contact Sound Anchors (www.soundanchors.com) for pricing on custom-made super heavy, solid stands w/screw-in spikes (I use 3 posts and they are plenty heavy for the monitors I place on them, two different pairs in two different systems; but you can also order 4 post stands that are even more massive). These are the best stands I have ever used, and I have used them on about 5 different kinds of speakers now. The guy at Sound Anchors may have your speaker's measurements already on file, otherwise he'll take them from you and you'll get the stands in a couple of weeks. As I recall, my 30" tall stands for Boston Acoustics monitors about the same dimensions as you give for yours cost about $400.
I'm currently using Lovan Imperial 2900 stands for my ProAc Tab 50 Sigs. They're 29" tall, and have a single slender stem support. Although the top plate is quite small the stands are very sturdy. I bought mine from Audio Advisor, but I'm not sure if they carry them anymore. Prices on a pair range from $199 to $279.

Here's a link to the Lovan website. The ones I own are like the one on the right only taller:

http://www.lovanaudio.com/stands/Imperial.htm

Good luck!
I purchased the Target HR-60 for my Dynaudio's and I am very happy with them. They are a beefy stand made from thick metal plates. They are a heavy duty stand and once they are filled with sand they are very stable. I am also experimenting with some slabs of thick dark granite as a top plate over the stand plate so that the whole bass of the speaker is supported. You can look at these at http://www.targetaudio.com/sshr.html. Unfortunately the pictures do them no justice so you will have to go by the dimensions. Sometimes they go on sale at Audio Advisor but I paid $300.00 for mine, the 28 inch HR-60. Dale
I thought Target was out of business awhile ago. Please correct me if I am wrong.
I have not heard that so I cannot verify or deny. They have a web site up still so I guess that you could go and ask them. I know that May Audio still carries their whole line. Dale