Avalon or ProAc?

I've narrowed my choices down to either the ProAc 3.8 or the Avalon Eclipse Classic. Maybe a used pair of Opus or Response 5's if I can find them. Any of the above choices would be run on solid state gear. Love a wide, deep soundstage but I'm very partial to a speaker that really images well. Anyone with experiences with any or all of the above choices I would appreciate hearing from.

Thanks
dma
DMA, both speakers are well designed and well made, but the ProAc's are not in the same league as the Avalon's in my opinion.
I prefer the Avalons over the Proacs. You may want to also consider the Vandersteen model 5 speaker. It may be a better value than either of the above mentioned speakers.
Depends mucho on amplification, but here's one vote for the proacs with a good tube pre and 'clean' solid state amplification (clayton, pass, newer krell, etc.)

enjoy
As a most satisfied Avalon owner and having auditioned--in our system--a good number of "name" speakers before their purchase, I have nothing but high marks for Neil Patel's designs. The Arcus is, without qualification, the finest 2-way speaker I have ever heard. Period. The only other speaker I would own, if budget allowed, would be the Eidolon, with the Opus close behind.

If you want incredible staging, great imaging and focus, as well as transparency usually found only in the best ribbons, planars or stats, buy the latest Avalons. Their musicality and "correctness" are stunning.
I owned Eclipses for several years and was never really happy with them. A lot of factors certainly, including room issues (I could never get satifactory bass from them). I now own ProAc 2.5's and much prefer them. Your milege may vary, and obviously many people here would disagree, but my vote woulde be for the ProAc over the Avalon without hesitation.