Bohlender Graebener -Worth Buying?

Any good? Music? HT? Awaiting set ordered at <25% msrp off Ubid and was thinking of ordering the center and 2 more for surround. Any help appreciated.
stu_pidaso
stu, relax - it's possible no one here has had experience w/these. personally, if i were ewe, i'd check out newform research's r645 or nhb645. go to their ww, & check out user reviews on audioreview. that's what i'm saving for right now...

regards, doug s.

Stu - I was hoping you'd get some hands-on testimonials as well - I've seen those speakers on uBid and been curious myself. You can check out www.audioreview.com for some users reports.
I went nuts and got five, two 520's, two 420's and a 220 center. After some breakin, they are quite nice. Extremely clear. No bass, but that's by design. Construction is first rate. The dome tweeter on the 220 is fabric, not aluminum as posted elsewhere. I like the setup better than the Martin Logan crew. Huge dynamic capabilities. Maybe some residual tonal anomalies near the 500 Hz crossover, but more a matter of voicing in my opinion. They sound very bright and yet hollow fresh out of the box, but a couple weeks at normal volume smooths them right out. A friend of mine has an older pair of Maggie III's, and in comparison the BG's have a MUCH better midrange, but don't have the extensions on the top or bottom. Personally, I find the slightly rolled top end sounds more natural, especially with everything close miked these days. A lot of recordings that were somewhat shrill on my old speakers (Dynaudios) are much better now. I like 'em.