Best speaker a wife would tolerate

I HAVE TO HEAR GOOD SOUNDING EQUIPTMENT. MY WIFE JUST TOURTURES ME AND MY GEAR.
WHAT CAN A POOR BOY DO ? SOMETHING SMALLER WITH A SUBWOOFER . HELP BEFORE
THE FENG SHUI LADY SHOWS UP AT THE DOOR
128x128fleone
I had a set of Verity Fidelios home and my wife was happy with them. They sound very good to boot. The Verity Parsifals are only slightly larger. Check others threads with Verity so you see what other people think about the speaker.

Hope this helps
My wife made me upgrade from Dunlavy IV/a to the V's. More bass and dynamics.
I used the country of origin to sell my wife on new speakers. I now own a new pair of Reynaud speakers which are designed and manufactured in France. They look OK as well and she does enjoy the smooth HF's. I was almost set to go with more gear from France from the Kora line but switched coutries and picked up an Audion amplifier from England. My wife lived in London in the 70's and spent time in France as well. We also collect various European advertising pieces mostly from France. This has worked for me so far. Next stop will probably be one of the Scandinavian countries.
Not knowing your wife, this is an impossible guess. I will give it a try , and suggest the small Magnaplaners. She can be told they are cloth covered room dividers or Japanese screens.....whatever appeals to her aesthetic value. Another option is the small Soundlab speakers, same description on overall appearance. I have the largest Soundlab speakers in our living room, over 7 feet tall. One of my best friends has a very beautiful wife who upon laying eyes on them the first time, ran over to them, put her hand on the face and said "these are really beautiful, I love them.....what do they do?" My wife has much greater appreciation of these speakers now.
Just upgraded from Vandersteens (huge black things) to elegant Meadowlarks. My wife actually said she liked the new speakers (a first). Check out the lighter "ash" color. Lots of bass and easy to drive.
Hands down best finish is the Vienna Acoustics. Mozart has good (not great) bass.