Best speaker for rock music

What is a great, reasonably priced speaker/studio monitor that will really excel on rock/dance/techno? I would imagine this same type of system would also sound great for home theater. I have a small to medium size room, 15' x 13' with cathedral ceilings. I already have a nice audiophile rig but it has the familiar problems with most compressed rock and techno recordings. Thanks, Mike
zenaudio
i highly recommend avalon's latest, the symbol. i have heard these now in about a half-dozen setups, the two latest at ces. my older son is awaiting delivery of a pair. he's an internet/radio consultant and listens to all kinds of stuff (except classical); it all sounds real good on the symbols. it you care for more info, send me a private email. and, no, i'm not affiliated with avalon, tho i've owned 3 pair of their speakers, currently running eidolons (which also sound fabulous with rock sources, BTW).
check out the soliloquy 5.0 ,,or 6.3 the y are fantastic with rock check out our dealer store on audiogon good listening stephen
Thank You Estrnad. MODIFIED Klipsch's will give you the most bang for the buck in this area with nothing else coming close. They are efficient, dynamic, punchy and can be DRASTICALLY smoothed out with with a little work. The older models like the Heresy's, Cornwall's, La Scala's, Belle's and K-Horns with some elbow grease and TLC will keep up with anything out there for WAY less money. My personal preference for something like this would be stacked Heresy's with dual subs. If your handy and shop around, you could do this for under $1000. Sean >