Speaker Suggestions?/Advice Needed.

Attempting to assemble best cd only playback system within a budget. I have a Wadia 6 direct to Threshold T200(100watt). Listen to a wide variety of music. Going into a 12' x 15' room. Roughly 2>3K to spend. Which used fullrange speakers might compliment/mesh with this digital setup??? Thanks in advance for your advice guys this is my first go at the Hi End.
nomad
Look at Soliloquy 6.3s from Underwoodwally here on Audiogon. I am still breaking my pair in, but they sound great and they are at the bottom end of your price range.
The Vandersteen reccomendation is an excellent one. Lots of sound for the money. I have several models, liked them all.
I really liked the sound of the Revel F50 (esp the midrange). If you can handle their cartoony looks (my wife couldn't!) check 'em out. Far more natural than Nautilus 804 or Thiel 2.3, IMO. Good Luck
nomad, proac or dynaudio will give a far more detailed sound than the vandy's or meadowlarks (or even than the totems, imo) - i'd try that, as an alternative before ya commit... but, running yer cd's straight-in may make a truely detailed speaker unbearable over time - don't ferget that tubed preamp! :>)

personally, *i'm* saving for a pair of newforn research r645's (w/a custom mid-woofer set-up) check out their www, & the reviews on audioreview - at $2250 delivered, w/a 30-day in-home trial, they may be hard to beat at the price. *i'm* gonna try it! (really ugly, tho...)

Consider Vienna Acoustic's speaker line. Mozart, Beethoven, and Mahler. Anyone of the 3 would be worthy considerations depending on your budget.