New thread about FedEX

Well, since I started a thread to bash FedEX Ground a couple of weeks ago, it is only right that I praise FedEX Express in kind for their yeoman effort in my latest shipping episode.

In having an audio component shipped FedEX 2 Day this week, I was more than impressed. The item was picked up 4:30PM Monday, and arrived to me Tuesday afternoon. All was well, the package was safe and sound. Yes, the reason for them getting to me so fast is that the shipment was simply from the Baltimore, MD area to the Philadelphia, PA area(just a 2 hour drive). But, it is right to praise when praise is due.

Thank you FedEX Express!

Now, about your FedEX Ground service...
Joe
trelja
I have had excellent service and safe deliveries with Fedex 2cd day air. Always on time and safe. They also just don't dump the package outside your door like UPS. Fedex doesn't update their online tracking as often though. But it is ok. USPS mail priority on small packages is been ok too. But they will only come o you once. Fedex 2cd day is my first choice.
Well this is my story, the Fed-Ex ground people here are the best. But when the pair of B&W 802 series 3 left here they had a problem, one went to one city and a week later the other one went to another city. Too bad the owner was only in one city. The one that went around the country was OK, but the other one was damaged so bad it had to be sent to England to be repaired. These were both in factory boxes. So thats my story.........
An update on my FedEx shipment from last Saturday. Should've arrived Wednesday, but finally arrived today (Friday). Apprently FedEx has sent it to the wrong city, although it was clearly and correctly addressed. The receiver told me when it arrived the box was almost flattened (the item was a small acoustic guitar). She said she made the FedEx guy wait while she opended it. Thankfully I had double boxed, bubble wrapped and used multitudes of peanuts, and it arrived safely. I believe one of the criterea for shipping FedEx ground (or any other) is to overpack.
I'm fortunate never to have had a bad experience with FedEx Air. But last week I took a parcel to them and overheard the counter staff chatting about FedEx Ground. Their concensus was that FedEx Ground sucked majorly and that the air division was beginning to suffer from crossover ill will.

It will be interesting to see how F/E corporate deals with so much dissatisfaction with a name that has justified its higher prices with a reputation for efficiency and speed.

Will