upgrading from Spica TC60's to ??

I have had the TC60's for a long time, and the TC50's before that. I feel I need to upgrade under the assumption there have been some advancements over the last ten years. Other than that I love my speakers. My electronics are pretty good including a CJ 11A, 70watt amp. I have a small room and am considering a small/medium floor standing speaker. I would like to hear from someone who had these speakers and found something better, not just different.
joekras2785
You might try a pair of Spendors 7/1 small floorstander if you value accuracy above all else or a set of Vandersteen 2's which are available used at a good price.
I owned a pair of TC-50s, circa 1990. These are nice speakers. The 60's came out in and around 95 or 96, they are also nice speakers. I would like to make a recomendation, however, I was wondering if you could list all you equipment and room dementions. That way we could rule out whether for you to enjoy an increase in sonics you are not better off served by upgrading something else. The reason for the room size is to help with the speaker recomendation. Also, what is your budget.
OK. Pioneer 414 DVD player, MSB DAC, Audible Illusions L1, Janis W3 subwoofer with 60 watt amp,and crossover which I bypass, MIT T2 biwire and new shotgun interconnect. My room is only about 10 by 13'. The subwoofer gives me just a little help, but it is useful because I can adjust the base level on recordings that provide too much for my room. I am thinking of Proac 1.5, totem, Gershman (the floor standing one) or an Audio Physic model. I haven't heard any of these though. Except the Virgo (really nice sound) which is a bit $$$ and may need too much room for my room. I may be just emotionally attached, but I give the Spica's a lot of credit and I don't want to be disappointed on a future purchase.
I too owned a pair of TC50's and they were indeed great spks. I found a pair of used maggies(smg'a) that I thought were a definite upgrade but alas the low end didn't quite get it. You might want to listen to the meadowlark kestrals, there easy to place and sound great. My room is about the same size and I found that with them away from walls they do there magic well. Good luck